Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back in the Sneakers again...

Oh dear... I don't dare admit how longs it's been since I've last put my running shoes on my feet. So I won't! Believe me, it's been longer than it should have been. I have all kinds of very very good excuses, really!

Nonetheless, the big day is soon approaching and I'm becoming less convinced that this was a good idea and even less that I'll be able to manage 21.097Km (13.1m).

Out of guilt, shame and determination I'm hereby setting up a strict regime that smelly men, snowflakes and sore muscles will not keep me from. I'm studying up on diet plans (lots of protein), sleeping patterns (do more), and training methods (run alot) in order to be able to cross the finish line on two feet (mine, preferably) on 28 March 2009. Which if you are slightly good at math means, 38 days... oh dear.

A shopping trip for lots of tuna& pasta and a recent care-package from my lovely mother including yummy protein-packed beef jerky will keep my energy up. Plus much encouragement and many kicks from my friends and colleagues to get me off my dupa surely help!

38 days...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I am from Missouri and just arrived in the Czech Republic a month ago. Haven't been training much and Vasko Vasilev gave me this blog. Would love to meet you when I come to Prague for the event. Jayme Rogers

Anonymous said...

by all means! are you running this little jog or you spectating? how long will you be in this great city?