Monday, September 29, 2008

I love Mondays!

Today for my training I dressed-up like a giant jack-o-lantern and sped up & down the trails of Praha 6! Every Monday evening I play basketball with a colleague and some of his buddies at a gymnasium nearby. Usually we go by car, but lately he (my chauffeur) has needed to go home first to check on the slow progress of the new facade being put on his home.

So today, my mode of transport was bicycle and it was fantastic! I overestimated my time and arrived a bit early - but enjoyed sitting at a nearby park watching Czech children collecting chestnuts and running away from their parents.

It was past 20.00 (8pm) when basketball ended and I started the journey home - so rather dark! But the purchase of my new bike a few weeks ago included lights - both the "don't hit me lights" and the "I can see in the dark lights". I also donned an XL orange reflective vest, so I could be seen surely even by planes overhead!
Nonetheless, I love Monday night basketball and don't mind sacrificing a run for the exercise of a good game ... or just a game.

No comments: