Friday, January 2, 2009

The Curse of Big Foot

Clearly Czech women with large feet do not run.

Being frightened by a friend who runs regularly, I decided I should invest in a second pair of running shoes. The wearing down of the soles of old shoes brings knee troubles, hip pain and more, so having a second pair is smart.

Pretending to be knowledgeable whilst perusing the shoe display at a Prague sports store, I chose two shoe types which seemed best. Upon telling the shop attendant my size, she looked at me quizzically and said I should probably get a man's shoe. Hmm. As this was not an option for various reasons - one, that I do not have man's feet - I asked her which shoes they did have for such gigantic feet as mine.

She produced a New Balance women's running shoe, which seemed alright. Though treading around the store for 2 minutes is much different than running the streets of Prague for 3 hours, so how was I to know.

Thankfully, the store allows a 30 day return&exchange policy. Day one of New Shoe Trial seemed to be fine...

No comments: