Sunday, March 29, 2009

Upon completion - Part I

Completing this half-marathon was one of the most amazing feelings of accomplishment I've ever experienced, particularly remembering back to September and the many occasions since then when I doubted my ability to run 21.0975 kilometres - and in fact had no ability to do so!

An even stronger emotion comes from the fact that I ran for IBTS, a place that I love. There's an undefinable feeling which tickles my tear ducts when thinking that the training and tiredness brought in some help for students to study theology at an amazing seminary.

Not to worry, the grand total will soon be posted! You still have the opportunity to add your bit!!

Certainly, there were times during the run which I wouldn't have minded being a spectator, but never once did I think to quit nor regret the six-month-old commitment to run. And happily, I was able to run the complete race and even finish with some leftover energy.

This is a sample of the medal which I received upon completion. Upon crossing the line each finisher was congratulated, a medal put around their neck and a blanket of tin foil wrapped around their shoulders. No star-spangled banner though...

Authentic photos with this marathoner with her medal are still trapped on friends' cameras, but will appear here as soon as possible.

And don't worry, I've much more to say - so more posts are to come! Particularly about the thoughts along the run and the fans who showed up (some a few times!) to cheer us on.

No comments: