Monday, March 23, 2009

Weather and Whether

My little fitness room up in Nebusice hasn't seen me for a while. Today because of its close proximity to IBTS, this was my gym choice for the day. And sadly, the promise of spring has disappeared from Prague as rain and wind and cold descend upon us once again - thus keeping me indoors.

I check the weather forecasts for this Saturday at least once every two hours and of course, each website prophesies something different. My favourite says it should be partly cloudy and 14C. I ignore the one which says 8C and rain.

Nonetheless, I packed my gym bag and caught the bus to make the short trek up the road. Upon entering, I wondered if it was even open - the door was shut and lights off. Nah, they were open, just saving on heating by keeping the door closed and on electricity by having the lights off - or the guy working was simply hoping for an early night.

It was a good run at a quick speed which kept me from being too bored. I flipped mindlessly through pages in a magazine, but the one I chose had more words than pictures, so I lost interest quickly. Have you ever tried reading whist running - impossible.

It was a happy 10k run, but now am concerned about my shoes. Faithful readers will recall that I purchased a new pair of New Balance running shoes a while back. I've been using them sporadically and am rather happy with them, though I still primarily use my old Nike's. I haven't run more than about 12k with my New Balance, but they seem fine. My old Nike's are well, old. They are rather worn down and I always wonder if the aches and pains that I feel may be a result of these shoes and what will happen on Saturday if I wear them...

You can't imagine how many more questions are running through my mind about Saturday - what to wear, what to eat, what to drink, how much to sleep... oh dear.

No comments: