Thursday, October 30, 2008

Deceptive Dirty Windows

My regular pattern of running after I leave the office in the evening is unhappily needing to change because of darkness descending earlier and earlier.

Realisation of this came, when my great plan yesterday was to jog the paths of Prague following our Wednesday Seminar (Peter Pavlovic of ECEN on Creation Care). But by 17.30 when the seminar ended, the Czech Republic had decided the sun had done it's duty for the day and it had disappeared.

Whilst eating an entire pizza for dinner, I contemplated a new method for training - wanting to avoid the boredom of the Fitness Centre as long as possible! The only way around it was to run in the mornings before entering the office - not an entirely wonderful idea, but do-able.

Today was the first day to attempt this marvelous method. Waking up early, I saw only a slight gray fog over the valley and decided to persevere and go out for a run.

After going through morning ablutions for running preparation I left my apartment, made my way down the the front door of the building and out - only to find it was truly pouring rain. The fact that I was up and dressed before my brain realised what was happening, I was determined to get out to run.

Two minutes after stepping outside my feet were soaking wet and with futile attempts to avoid puddles and spray from cars, I returned rather quickly dripping and soaked with rain.

So dirty windows (the fog was rain!) and high ideals had me out splashing arond this morning in my persevering try for this half-marathon.

Yes, I really do love this seminary!

1 comment:

Rachael Neal said...

you're so funny! i really admire all that you do to run.