Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whoah, we're half way there..

... livin' on a prayer! Ah, these infamous lyrics of Bon Jovi danced through my mind yesterday as I completed running 10.54Km - the half-way marker to the full half-marathon. Having only starting running at the end of August, I guess getting this far without collapsing is fairly good progress. Though 21.097 seems a depressingly long long way off.

These days by 17.00 (5pm) Prague 6 is blanketed by a nightly fog thus making running outdoors a challenge and a fearsome adventure. So I've taken to revisiting the small fitness centre up the road. This has a tendency to become the most boring hour or so of my days!

Thankfully, for the first 20 minutes of yesterday's gym-time I was entertained by a 40-something year old Czech fellow and his trainer go through some moves for boxing. The rest of the time I flipped through fashion magazines (ug!) and pretended not to watch a guy on the weight machines (who seems to be there whenever I show up and wears the same clothes - double ug!)
My little smelly gym:

I guess it's time to do some searching for an Ipod or whatever is popular these days for listening to music in the attempt to forget that your muscles are cramping, side hurting and sweat is dripping even from your fingertips - yes, it's possible.

No comments: