Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Weekend Laziness

Respite from computers and office work was found hidden in the Krkonoše mountains this past weekend. Though a gorgeous area, an attempted run was dissuaded by the many 'ups' and few 'downs' of the trails, which is a common feature of mountains around here... and elsewhere I suppose!

A few lengths of swimming in the hotel pool and sweating through intervals in the sauna and some very nice walks kept me from being too lethargic, but when Monday came around my desire to stay home overrode even the summons of the basketball court.

However, energy from a few Ukrainian chocolates and a bit of sun pulled me out from my laziness to run yesterday, for which I am glad of.

And today more sun and evening hopes for a good dinner with friends sends me again through the paths of the Sarka Valley... after a Wednesday Workshop on "Deconstructing a Happy Family" !

No comments: